nuTravel is seeking a talented Front-end Application Engineer to join us in our Purchase, NY office as part of our growing team of talented developers, creatives and business analysts.
We are an intimate team of exacting professionals who provide top-shelf strategy, design, and development services to a range of exciting clients throughout the corporate online travel application marketplace, such as JetBlue, Air Canada, WestJet and more.
We’re looking for someone with the right drive, passion and skill-set to join us to strategize, develop and complete some seriously beautiful (and large) web/mobile projects and experiences. This is a hands-on role within a fast-moving, rapidly-growing entity. We are established, yet adhere to a startup mentality and take pride in getting things done quickly and right. There will always be plenty of deadline-driven projects on your plate.
The right candidate for this role is aesthetically driven and values being a key member in an intelligent, multi-disciplined team.
- You’ve worked on products before that you can show-off - preferably for a few years - and worked with designers bringing static pages and prototypes to pixel-perfect life.
- You stay ahead of the curve and are a self-starting aficionado in the latest JS frameworks and coding architectures, specifically: Vue, React, Angular, Thymeleaf.
- You have plenty of experience with Version Control ( ex: CVS, SVN, Git) and working in small teams or projects.
- You communicate extremely well in person but also through tools like Jira, Trello, and even Email.
- You’re an upbeat and fun personality that enjoys being with the team because we do spend a lot of time hanging out together.
- In your free time, you love to learn new technologies, help out others on the team wherever you can, and research new libraries. We’re a small team, and you must love the “get your hands dirty” type of culture.
- Participate in the whole lifecycle of the project. You’ll get involved from start to finish and will be expected to communicate project status on a daily basis to your scrum team.
- Deliver high quality code. You’ll work with the team to build the best looking, functioning and performing sites the company has ever created and ensure they’re built the right way from the start.
- Explore new technologies. We’re not afraid to try new things, and you’re the type who proactively brings new ideas and resources to the table.
- Establish and maintain our front-end coding standards standards. We’re looking for someone who will set standards, implement processes and ensure our code base is kept neat and tidy.
- 5-7 years of experience in a relevant role, preferably in a commercial and/or corporate application environment. Online travel/booking experience is a HUGE plus.
- Experience with building templating/deployment processes, ie: WebPack and components-driven front end development.
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code.
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience or working knowledge building within a Java/JSP/Thymeleaf environment is a HUGE plus.
- Web development for Accessibility WCAG 2.0 a plus
- 401K with a company matching component
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA /FSA
- PTO & Sick Days
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability