nuTravel is seeking a talented Senior UX/UI Art Director to join us in our Purchase, NY office as part of our growing team of talented creatives, front-end developers and business analysts.
We are an intimate team of exacting professionals who provide top-shelf strategy, design, and development services to a range of exciting clients throughout the corporate online travel application marketplace, such as JetBlue, Air Canada, WestJet and more.
We’re looking for someone with the right drive, passion and skillset to join us to strategize, develop and complete some seriously beautiful (and large) web applications and experiences. This is a hands-on role within a fast-moving, rapidly-growing entity. We are established, yet adhere to a startup mentality and take pride in getting things done quickly and right. There will always be plenty of deadline-driven projects on your plate.
The right candidate for this role is aesthetically driven and values being a key member in an intelligent, multi-disciplined team. As a UX/UI Designer on our Front End team, you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process; working in a small startup-like group which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. You’ll work with developers, product owners, business analysts and project managers to conceive, analyze and design your ideas, start to finish.
What we are looking for:
- You are passionate about creating rock-solid, travel-centric UX/UI designs that are both functional and beautiful.
- You are self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity.
- You deliver intelligent, responsive design with strong typography and modern layout methods that support branding and user patterns.
- You believe speed and responsiveness of a design is as important as gorgeous visuals
- You communicate early design ideas through sketches, wireframes, and functional prototypes.
- You possess an impressive portfolio of web/mobile applications in which you’ve been the lead designer; you’ve worked on products before that you can show-off, preferably for a few years, and worked with developers bringing static pages and prototypes to pixel-perfect life.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and responsive, mobile-first visual design mockups that effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Develop and maintain detailed library of UX patterns.
- Lead and collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, product owners, and marketing to translate business requirements and user needs into meaningful interactive experiences.
- Identify and solve common design problems with minimal guidance.
- Collaborate with developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique and iteration.
- Communicate design decisions to several functions of the business with detailed mock ups and prototypes.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications), or equivalent professional experience which can be demonstrated via a portfolio showing excellent design work.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, visual designer, or similar role working with real time web and/or mobile applications.
- Fluency in best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design.
- Fluency in user-centered design principles along with a keen eye for subtle details.
- Exceptional visual design skills, including the ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and use color effectively.
- Masterful knowledge of several design software/tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio or similar.
- Experienced in creating web application interface prototypes using aforementioned tools, as well as various interactive prototyping tools.
- Ability to demonstrate successful experience creating and maintaining UX pattern libraries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Great to have:
- Working knowledge of Twitter Bootstrap 3.x - 4.x front-end framework
- You communicate extremely well in person but also through tools like Jira and, Slack
- Experience designing with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility in mind.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience or working knowledge working within a Java/JSP environment is a HUGE plus.
- Web development for Accessibility WCAG 2.0 a plus.
- 401K with a company matching component
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA /FSA
- PTO & Sick Days
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability